Sunday, December 4, 2011

Cashmere for $16.90? Yeah, Right.

So I was perusing cupcakes and cashmere, and I saw she had posted an under $25 gift guide.  With the holidays coming up, I'm always looking for good gift suggestions.  I was struck by one suggestion in particular from Zara, these "cashmere gloves" for $16.90.


now, being from the northeast, I'm something of a whore for cashmere.  I've bought a lot of cashmere in my day, and I have rarely paid under $50 for even a small cashmere piece- i.e., a hat or gloves.  Blended cashmere is even expensive.  So, there it is, on Zara's website, "Long Cashmere Gloves- $16.50."

But, upon further investigation, we find it is in fact too good to be true.


100% Acrylic!  Not even blended cashmere, yet it says cashmere in the title?  What is up with that Zara?  Sounds like some deceiving marketing to me.

Just goes to show you- always check the materials when in store and before you purchase.   

/rant.




No comments:

Post a Comment