Friday, November 11, 2011

birfday prezzies

Today I went out shopping for a present for my boyfriend's little sister.  We will be celebrating her birthday this weekend in Ft. Lauderdale at Bistro Mezzaluna.

Shopping was an experience... the Gap looks like bouclé sweater threw up all over the store.  But I've never liked the Gap.  The only decent thing going for them was their children's collection by Stella McCartney, and needless to say, I didn't fit into any of that.

I was pleasantly surprised by all of the sparkles at Express:


I'm like a tacky raccoon sometimes, I swear.  

Anyway, I dragged myself over to the homegoods/tj maxx that just opened over by dadeland on advice of my good friend.  While there were loads of things I enjoyed, there was nothing I could use as a present for Alexandra.  

I did find this HILARIOUS giant flamingo though:
and he could be yours for a cool $124!

Alternatively,


It took all my self-discipline not to purchase this absurd peeg.

Finally, these earrings at Macy's reminded me of Minka:


Okay, so now onto the presents I ended up getting.  I made a little gift box with:






a sketch I made myself:

(Cartoon Audrey)

And a scarf I picked up at J.Crew but cannot find online:


you can see the scarf in the gift box I put together.

Finally, the gift box and the card:


Papyrus:


You should probably feel sorry for the MAC workers today at Dadeland:


I think it's supposed to be a snow globe...

Ready for dinner and drinks:


No comments:

Post a Comment