Monday, November 21, 2011

Lawyering, the big 3-0, and finals.

This weekend was super hectic.  First up was my boyfriend's mock trial in which I played the star witness- I think he looked pretty good doing his lawyering:


Unfortunately, he lost.  Not because he wasn't the better party, not because the case was slanted against him, but because one crazy juror just steam-rolled over all the other jurors until the agreed with her.  But that's real life.  The same thing happened to me in my trial.  Jurors are a complete crap shoot.  God help you if you ever have to be judged by a jury of your peers because you are in some serious trouble.  If the facts are on your side, go for bench trial.

Other than that, we had a great big birthday bash for a good friend of ours from law school.  It was his 30th birthday and he was going for it in style.  He had an open bar for his friends at club50 in the Viceroy, which is actually a rather impressive sight.  It's on the 50th floor of the hotel and towers above all of the other buildings in Brickell.


Hopefully I will have real pictures from the party soon.  Everyone was looking pretty awesome, a last hooray before finals....

Which my boyfriend and I are sick just in time for.

No comments:

Post a Comment